We are committed to safeguarding our patients’ protected health information in accordance with state and federal privacy and security laws and regulations.
- To protect our patients’ privacy by only using and disclosing the patient’s protected health information if it is necessary to do your job (for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations purposes, for example) and only using or disclosing the minimum amount of protected health information necessary to do your job.
- To always obtain a patient’s authorization to use or disclose the patient’s protected health information if the use or disclosure is not for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations or unless the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under state or federal privacy laws and regulations.
- To be sensitive to your surroundings when you are sharing protected health information and to always speak in a low and quiet tone.
- To always properly dispose of protected health information in the designated blue shred bins.
- To always report any impermissible or improper use or disclosure of protected health information to the Office of Corporate Compliance as soon as possible.
- To never share your passwords or credentials with anyone for any reason.